JUnit and TestNG integration
Along with the possibility of running standalone java programs and applets, IntelliJ IDEA also provides you with the possibility to run JUnit tests. You can either specify a particular unit test to run, or IntelliJ IDEA can automatically search for all unit tests in a specified package and run them all sequentially.
Powerful features include:
- Its own test runner fully integrated with IntelliJ IDEA
- On-the-fly statistics on currently ran tests
- Viewing tree of tests, with the output for a selected test in the neighbouring pane
- Quick call of the Diff view by just clicking the item
- Quickly navigate to an error line in code if test fails with one click
- Full support of JUnit 4 testing framework
- Action for automatically creating tests for a class
- Action for navigating between a class and its tests and vice versa
For more information, visit www.junit.org.
Advanced coding assistance available for creating and editing TestNG tests.
- Smart code completion
- Auto import and library configurations
- Parameter information for annotations
- Various TestNG-aware on-the-fly code inspections and quick-fixes
- Dedicated TestNG code inspections and quick-fixes for convertion between TestNG and other annotations
- Dedicated TestNG run configuration which lets flexibly run individual tests, groups or entire suites.