Creating Method Breakpoints
In this section:
- Creating method breakpoints in the editor
- Creating method breakpoints using the Breakpoints dialog
- Deleting method breakpoints
Method breakpoints let you follow the program flow at the method level.
Creating method breakpoints in the editor
To create a method breakpoint using the editor
- Place the caret inside a method, where you want to toggle a method breakpoint.
- On the main menu, choose
A balloon appears, informing about the possible slow down of the debugging process:
. Method breakpoint appears at the method declaration.
Alternatively, just click the left gutter at the method declaration.
Creating method breakpoints using the breakpoints dialog
To create a method breakpoint using the Breakpoints dialog
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+Shift+F8.
- In the Breakpoints dialog box that opens, click .
- Select Method Breakpoint from the drop-down list.
- In the Add Method Breakpoint dialog box, specify the class name pattern, including the package name, and the name of the desired method.
So doing, when the debugging session starts, the application will pause in all classes with the names matching the specified pattern, at the specified method.
Deleting method breakpoints
To remove a method breakpoint, do one of the following
- Click the method breakpoint icon in the left gutter.
- On the main menu, choose .