Reviewing Compilation and Build Results
IntelliJ IDEA reports compilation and building results in the Messages tool window that displays information about the errors and warnings, providing each type of problem with its own icon and a pair of numbers that represent the row and column, where the problem occurred. In addition, the Messages tool window lets you jump from the error message to the actual location in the source code.
This section describes how to:
- Jump from an error message to the respective problem location in the source code.
- Navigate through the list of error messages.
- Save compilation report as a text file.
To jump from an error message to the problem location in the source code
- Double-click the error message.
- When Autoscroll to Source button is released, it is enough to single-click the error message.
- On the context menu of the error message choose Jump to Source .
- Press F4.
To navigate through the list of error messages in the messages window
- Click or buttons in the toolbox of the Messages window.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Up or Ctrl+Alt+Down.
To save compilation results in a text file
- In the toolbox of the Messages window, click the Export to Text button, or press Alt+O.
- In the Export Preview dialog, specify the target file, and click Save.