Saving and Reverting Changes
You can save the results of editing yourself, and also configure IntelliJ IDEA to enable automatic saving of changes. This section describes how to:
- Save changes when done with editing.
- Alert you about unsaved changes by marking a modified file in the editor tab with an asterisk next to its name.
- Enable auto-saving changes on the regular basis.
- Enable auto-saving changes on switching to the other applications.
- Enable preserving temporary files.
- Revert changes.
To save results of editing, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose File | Save All .
- Press Ctrl+S.
To alert you about unsaved changes
To enable auto-saving on the regular basis
To enable saving changes when switching to other applications
To enable preserving temporary files while saving changes
To revert change, do one of the followings
- Use the local history as the most powerful way of reverting changes.
- Press Ctrl+Z.
Last modified: 4 December 2014