Using Local History
This section describes how to use Local History, which is your personal real-time version control system. Local History is independent of external version control systems and works with the directories of your project even when they are not under any VCS control.
Local history is cleared when you install a new version of IntelliJ IDEA or when you invalidate caches. Therefore, check in the changes to your version control system before performing these operations.
This section describes how to:
- View local history of a file or folder.
- View local history of a class, method, field or selection.
- View local history of a selection.
- View recent changes.
- Restore files from local history.
- Mark local versions with labels.