IntelliJ IDEA analyses your projects on the various levels:
- "On-the-fly" analysis helps you fix problems as they arise as you type, using intention actions.
- Code inspections are intended to point out issues related to the program design.
- Highlighting level allows you to control the scope of problems highlighted in the current file.
- Dependencies analysis helps you understand the structure of your source code, explore relationships between the components of your projects, track down dependencies and work through the code hierarchies.
- Dataflow analysis helps you with code archeology.
- Reverse engineering.