IntelliJ IDEA supports the following features for the properties files:
key - delimiter - value. IntelliJ IDEA uses
= (equal sign) or : (colon) as a delimiter.
For example, if you want a field label to read "Your name:", you might create a pair in a properties file like this:
nameLabel: "Your name:"
Error highlighting for errors like duplicate property keys and invalid escape sequences:
Inspection and quick fix for detecting and removing duplicate keys in properties files:
Referencing properties from Java files and Ant build files.
Code completion for property keys:
- Inspection and quick fix for detecting and creating the missing property keys and values:
- Goto DeclarationCtrl+BCtrl+B to navigate from
a reference to a key to its declaration:
- Finding usages of the currently selected property.
- Refactoring for properties includes Rename, Move, Copy, Safe Delete, and Migrate.
- Code completion for property keys:
- Structure view for properties files:
- Quick Definition Lookup for properties files:
if an action calls a property, you can view the property definition by pressing Ctrl+Shift+ICtrl+Shift+I: