In this section:
- Opning a file for editing
- Opening a file which is external to your project
- Opening a directory
- Reopening a recent file
- Important note
Do one of the following:
- Double-click the desired file in one of the Tool Windows.
- Select the desired file in one of the Tool Windows and press EditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSourceEditSource.
- Select the desired file in the one of the Tool Windows and choose Jump to Source on the context menu.
- Use the Navigate command for a Class, File, or Symbol.
- Click the desired directory in the Navigation bar, and select file from the drop-down list:
If the file type is registered, the file opens silently in MPS's editor.
If the file type is registered under the category Files opened in associated applications, it will be opened in its associated application, rather than in the MPS editor. By default, MPS suggests a number of such file types, for example .doc, .chm, or .pdf.
If the file type is unknown, MPS suggests you to choose whether you want to register a new file type, or open such file in its associated application. Specify your choice in the Register New File Type Association dialog box:
You can register the required file types on the File Types page of the Settings dialog box.
- To open a recently opened file, choose on the main menu or press RecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFilesRecentFiles. Then select the desired file from the Recent Files pop-up window, that opens.
To open a recently updated file, on the main menu, choose or
Then select the desired file from the Recently Edited Files pop-up window, that opens.
Use Recent files limit text box in the Editor settings page to define the maximum number of recent files.
The maximum size of files parsed by MPS is controlled by the idea.max.intellisense.filesize setting in idea.properties file, located in the bin directory of MPS installation. However, the larger file is, the slower its editor works and higher overall system memory requirements are.