The Perforce integration with PhpStorm provides you with a user interface for attaching and detaching Perforce jobs to changelists.
The integration does not support creation of Perforce jobs.
From this topic you will learn how to:
- Attach jobs to changelists:
- Find the desired job to attach to a changelist using:
- The standard search functionality, which enables you to specify numerous search criteria and thus to flexibly configure the search procedure.
- The quick search functionality, which enables you to have the found job linked to the changelist
This functionality is helpful when you need to attach only one job to a changelist and you either know the exact name of the desired job or at least can specify a search pattern for the name.
- Detach jobs from changelists.
- Open the Local tab of the Changes tool window.
- Select the changelist you want to link a job to.
- From the context menu of the changelist, choose Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box opens. . The
- Find the desired job. Do one of the following:
- View the details of the found job and click OK.
- In the Local tab of the Changes tool window, select the changelist you want to link a job to and open the Commit Changes dialog box.
- Find the desired job using the controls in the Jobs area. Do one of the following:
- View the details of the found job and continue the commit procedure.
- In the Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box or in the Jobs area of the Commit Changes dialog box, click the button.
- In the Link Job to Changelist dialog box that opens, specify the desired search parameters.
At least one of the fields should be filled in.
- Click the Search button. The jobs that match the specified criteria are shown in the Search Results list. To view the details of a job, select it in the list.
- Select the desired job and click OK. The dialog box closes and you return to the dialog box where you started the search:
- Open the Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box or switch to the Jobs area of the Commit Changes dialog box.
- In the text box, type the desired job name search pattern and click the button.
The job is found and automatically linked to the current changelist.
If no job matching the specified pattern is found, the corresponding information message is displayed.
The details of jobs that are found and linked through the quick search functionality are available only in the Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box.
- In the Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist dialog box or in the Jobs area of the Commit Changes dialog box, select the desired job and click the button.
- Version Control Reference
- Local Tab
- Commit Changes Dialog
- Edit Jobs Linked to Changelist Dialog
- Link Job to Changelist Dialog