- Create a project. For that, choose on the main menu.
- In the Create New Project dialog box that opens specify the name of the project in the Name text box, for example, type MyFirstPhpProject.
- Click the Browse button next to the Location text box.
In the dialog that opens
select the path to the .\htdocs folder and click OK.
PhpStorm composes the path to the project folder as follows:
Create a PHP file. To do that, right-click the project directory in the Project tool window,
point to New on the context menu, and choose PHP File.
- In the New PHP File dialog box that opens type MyFile and click OK. PhpStorm will create the stub file for you and open it in the dedicated editor tab.
Type this sample code:
- To save the file, choose Ctrl+SCtrl+SCtrl+SCtrl+SCtrl+X, Ctrl+SCtrl+SCtrl+S or Ctrl+Shift+SCtrl+SCommand SCommand SCommand S. or press
Open a Web browser and type the following URL address:
The PHP Information page opens displaying the PHP engine configuration settings on your computer.
Click thumbnail to view larger image.