Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by doing one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press RunConfigurationRunConfiguration and choose Edit Configuration on the context menu.
Click the Add button on the toolbar and select the desired configuration type:
- To have unit tests executed locally, choose PHPUnit.
- For remote test execution, choose PHPUnit on Server.
- In the dialog box that opens, specify the test scope, configuration parameters, and activities to perform before test execution. Apply the changes and close the dialog box.
- In the Project tool window, right-click the desired test directory, individual file, or class.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose Create Run configuration. PhpStorm displays a list of suggested configurations.
Each configuration has the name of the selected target and is supplied with an icon indicating its type.
- - the icon marks a PHPUnit configuration for running tests locally.
- - the icon marks a PHPUnit on Server configuration for running tests remotely.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box that opens, specify the configuration parameters and activities to perform before test execution. Apply the changes and close the dialog box.