- Access the Servers dialog box. Do one of the following:
In the Servers dialog box, specify the following:
- The URL address of your issue tracking server.
- Your account credentials on the server in question. These credentials will be different for the different issue tracking systems.
- Specify whether you want to access the server via proxy and specify the proxy settings.
- To allow access to the specified server for other members of your team, select the Share URL check box.
- To check whether the specified settings ensure successful connection to the server, click the Test button.
See reference page for the detailed description of controls.
Configure synchronization between PhpStorm and your issue tracking system. To do so, open the Project Settings,
and click Tasks. In the Tasks page, configure interaction between PhpStorm and your tracker.
Do one of the following:
To have PhpStorm synchronize with the issue tracking system in the background on a regular basis,
select the Enable issue cache check box and specify the synchronization frequency and the cache size.
No matter whether you actually request on information from your issue tracker or not, PhpStorm will connect to your issue tracking system according to the specified frequency and refresh the cached issues. The advantage of this approach is that when you need to switch to a task, the up-to-date information is already at your disposal so you do not need to wait till PhpStorm establishes connection with the tracker and retrieves the information.
This configuration is especially recommended when working with rather "slow" issue tracking systems.
- To have PhpStorm connect to the issue tracking system only when you actually need information on issues, clear the Enable issue cache check box.
- To have PhpStorm synchronize with the issue tracking system in the background on a regular basis, select the Enable issue cache check box and specify the synchronization frequency and the cache size.