The Plain List view shows all functions reachable in the current tab.
When you open a snapshot in the Plain List view, you can:
- Look through the list of all functions called in your application during the profiling process.
- Sort functions by Function Name, Time, Ave Time, Own Time and Calls. To do that, click the corresponding column name. By default, functions are sorted by time. That lets you quickly find functions that take the most time.
- Group functions in different ways. You can group by class, namespace or assembly. That helps you focus on functions from a certain part of your application. Moreover, dotTrace Performance calculates time, own time and number of calls for each grouping element, that helps you find out the impact of the particular class or module on application performance.
- Choose whether to show or hide system functions.
- Collapse or uncollapse callees for a particular function, i.e. show all call stacks starting with the selected function. This gives a summary of function execution.
To group functions in the Plain List view, do one of the following:
- On the menu bar, choose View | Group by | Class or View | Group by | Namespace or View | Group by | Assembly.
- Click Class or Namespace, or Assembly on the view header.
- Select a function.
Do one of the following:
- Right-click the function, and choose Collapse Callees or Uncollapse Callees.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Space.
The example below shows a function before and after collapsing callees.