Pull Members Up
The Pull Members Up refactoring allows you to move class members to a superclass .
Pull Members Up refactoring can create abstract methods. If a project makes use of the interpreter Python 2.x, then only the instance methods can be abstracted. If a project uses Python 3.x, then any method can be abstracted.
Note that PyCharm automatically adds import statements, required for abstract methods.
Pulling members up
To pull members up
- Select the class to be moved to a superclass.
- On the main menu or on the context menu of the selection, choose Refactor | Pull Members Up . The Pull Members Up dialog box appears.
- Select the destination object (superclass).
- In the Members section, select the members you want to move.
- To move a method as abstract, select the check box in the column Make abstract next to the method in question.
- Click Refactor to pull the selected members to their destination.