- Place the caret at the desired position, where the new construct should be added.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+JCtrl+J.
- Type some initial letters of the template abbreviation to narrow down the suggestion list to the matching occurrences only. Note that suggestion list may contain same abbreviations for different templates.
- From the suggestion list, select the desired template.
- Press the template invocation key (this may be SpaceSpace, TabTab or EnterEnter, depending on the template definition). The new code construct is inserted in the specified position.
- If the selected template is parametrized and requires user input, the editor enters the template editing mode and displays the first input field highlighted with the red frame. Type your value in this frame and press EnterEnter or TabTab to complete input and pass to the next input field. After completing the last input field, the caret moves to the end of the construct, and the editor returns to the regular mode of operation.
It is also possible to type a template abbreviation, and then press Ctrl+JCtrl+J.