- On the main menu, choose New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens. , or click the
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Python interpreter to be used for the project.
Flask is not supported for Python interpreters version 3.x.x.
If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click the browse button to review the available interpreters and virtual environments, and configure the new ones.
- Project type Flask project.
If Flask is missing in the selected interpreter, PyCharm displays the check box Install Flask. If necessary, select this check box.
- Click OK.
PyCharm creates an application and produces specific directory structure, which you can explore in the Project tool window. Besides that, PyCharm creates a stub Python script with the name <project name>.py, which provides a simple "Hello, World!" example.