Depending on the Django version, the following Python versions are supported:
- Django 1.5 supports Python interpreters from the version 2.6 up to version 3.x
- Django version 1.3 supports Python interpreters from the version 2.5 up to the version 2.7.
Django support in PyCharm includes:
- Dedicated project type.
- Django console.
- Ability to run the tasks of the manage.py utility.
- Django templates support (syntax and error highlighting, code completion, navigation, completion for block names, resolve and completion for custom tags and filters, and quick documentation for tags and filters).
- Ability to create templates from usage.
- Ability to debug Django templates.
- Live templates (snippets) for the quick development of Django templates.
- Run/debug configuration for Django server.
- Navigation between views and templates.
- Code insight support for Django ORM.
- Code completion and resolve in
- 1.2+Class-based views. PyCharm provides Intention action to convert Django function-based generic views to class-based views.
- Generating model dependency diagrams for Django models.
Django support can be turned on or off.