The Perforce Integration is disabled by default. If you want to perform Perforce-related operations right from PyCharm, enable the integration at the IDE level and associate the project root or specific directories with Perforce. The general procedure is described in the section Enabling Version Control.
In this section:
If you specify a wrong client workspace, and your project roots do not match with the workspace roots, PyCharm displays a pop-up window with a warning.
Click Inspect to view and fix the discrepancies.
- Open the project settings, and then open the VCSs page by clicking VCSs under the Version Control node.
- Open the Perforce page.
- To establish live connection to the Perforce server, select the Perforce is online check box.
Specify which credentials you want to use for connecting to the Perforce server.
To use the connection settings from your P4CONFIG files,
choose the Use P4CONFIG or default connection option.
If you are using P4CONFIG files for configuration, PyCharm shows what config files it has found and what other default settings are used. This way you can be sure that your P4CONFIG files are detected and taken into account.
To configure connection manually, choose the Use connection parameters option and specify the following settings in the corresponding text boxes:
- The Port the Perforce client will listen to.
- The Client name.
- Your User name and Password to authenticate to the server.
- To use the connection settings from your P4CONFIG files, choose the Use P4CONFIG or default connection option.
- To use ticket-based authentication, select the Login authentication check box. Otherwise, password-based authentication will be used. In either cases PyCharm uses the login name and password specified in the dialog box or stored in the P4CONFIG files.
- To attempt to log on the Perforce server without authentication, select the Try to login silently check box.
- To have PyCharm create a P4.output file and store the output of Perforce commands in it, select the Dump Perforce Commands to: check box.
- Specify the path to the Perforce executable file. Click Test Connection to make sure your settings ensure successful connection.
- In the Timeout field, specify the lapse of time in seconds during which PyCharm waits for response from the server. If the server does not respond in due time, the user is prompted to disable integration.
- To enable displaying the branch history of a specified file, including all file branch points, edits, and merges, select the Show branching history check box.
- To have PyCharm point at committed changes that are also integrated to other changelists and provide information on the target changelists that received the content in question, select the Show integrated changelists in committed changes check box.
- To get the user interface for attaching and detaching Perforce jobs to changelists, select the Enable Perforce Jobs Support check box.