Opening and creating tasks
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Alt+Shift+NAlt+Shift+N
- Click the tasks combo on the main toolbar.
- In the Enter task name pop-up window, choose Create New Task, or just
type the task name.
- If you choose Create new task <description>, a new local task with the specified description will be created. In this case, the IDE will switch to this new task.
- If you select a task from an issue tracker, then the Open Task dialog box opens, where you can specify whether you want PyCharm to clear the current context, create a changelist for the new task, and change the issue status in the tracking system, by selecting the corresponding check boxes.
Tips and tricks
- To show task description right in the suggestion list, press Ctrl+QCtrl+Q.
- To configure access to your issue tracking system, click , and specify your account settings in the Servers dialog box that opens.
- To include closed tasks in the suggestion list, press Alt+Shift+NAlt+Shift+N once more, or select the corresponding check box.