Besides removing unused using directives from source code, you can also remove unused references from your projects in order to cleanup your solution. The Remove Unused References refactoring does it for you.
- Select a solution or a solution folder, or a project, or References in the Solution Explorer window.
Do one of the following:
- Right-click a node, choose Refactor | Remove Unused References on the context menu.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+RCtrl+Shift+R, then click Remove Unused References.
- The Remove Unused References dialog opens. Select references to be removed.
- Click Next to apply the refactoring.