- Position the caret:
- At a symbol in the text editor.
- At a symbol in File Structure or any other ReSharper tool window.
- Anywhere within a documentation comment.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Edit | Show Quick Documentation, or press Ctrl+Q. The Quick Documentation
pop-up window will display:
- Follow hyperlinks to view related documentation.
Additional capabilities of the Quick Documentation pop-up window include:
- Pin window button that comes in handy whenever you need to preserve the contents of the Quick Documentation window before switching back to the text editor. After you click this button, the window will stay on top of the text editor while you work with other Visual Studio user interface items.
- Browser-like back/forward navigation buttons in the top left corner of the window.
- Hyperlinks that let you navigate to documentation for related entities, including:
- read more link that opens a relevant MSDN article in Microsoft Document Explorer whenever documentation for a symbol contains more than a mere summary.
- go to link that navigates you to a symbol declaration either in the text editor or in Object Browser.
NoteYou can also Ctrl+click any hyperlink to go to the declaration of the corresponding symbol instead of opening its documentation.
For overridden and implemented members, the following convention applies:
- If an overriding/implemented member doesn't have comments but its base member does, base member comments are shown.
- If they both have comments, those of the overriding/implemented member are shown.