The Go To Symbol command allows solution-wide search by name for any file member.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Navigate | Go to Symbol, or press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N. The Enter symbol name search box displays.
- Optionally, select the Include library types check box or press Alt+N if you'd like to search not only in your current solution but in libraries as well. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Enter one or more initial characters of the target symbol. As an option, use wildcards to substitute characters (see note below).
- Do one of the following:
- To view the list of found symbols in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results in the search box or press + on the numeric keypad.
- To navigate directly to a target symbol, select the symbol in the search box and press Enter. If the target symbol belongs to the current solution, the corresponding file opens and the caret is positioned immediately before the symbol. If the symbol is found in libraries, ReSharper navigates according to the settings defined in the External Sources tab in the ReSharper Options dialog.
You can find a member quicker by entering its initial character and subsequent upper case characters,
according to CamelCase
For more information, see
If you want to navigate to a symbol in a particular type, you can specify parts of the type's fully
qualified name and member
name and split them with spaces or dots. Consider the example below: