It's essential and important to navigate up and down symbol inheritance hierarchy. You can not only move from the current symbol to its declaration or navigate to usages, for example, but also gain some insight into symbol inheritance and type dependencies within you solution.
So Navigating from Symbols is a set of features that helps you:
- navigate from the current symbol usage to its declaration
- find out how many usages of the current symbol your solution contains and navigate directly to one of them
- navigate to base symbol declaration
- find out how many implementations the current symbol has and navigate directly to one of them
- navigate to the type declaration of the current symbol
- get information about derived symbols and navigate directly to one of them
The scope of navigation is not limited to files in your solution. You can also navigate to types from referenced libraries.