Code folding lets you collapse (fold) code blocks, reducing them to a single visible line. In this way, you can hide the details that, at the moment, seem unimportant. If and when necessary, the folded code blocks can be expanded (unfolded).
Folded code blocks are shown as shaded ellipses.
You can fold (collapse) and unfold (expand) the code blocks by using:
- Code folding toggles (, or ). These toggles are shown in the editor to the left of the corresponding blocks. If a block is not folded, indicates the beginning of the block while is located at its end. For folded blocks, the toggle is shown as .
- Commands of the Folding menu. The Folding menu can be accessed from the main menu bar ( ) or as a context menu in the editor.
- Keyboard shortcuts. The corresponding shortcuts are shown in the Folding menu.
To expand a folded code block, in addition, you can just click the corresponding block in the editor.
In this section:
- Configuring Autofolding Behavior
- Folding and Expanding Code Blocks
- Folding and Expanding Custom Blocks
- Viewing Contents