Make sure that the following prerequisites are met (outside of RubyMine):
- Oracle's VirtualBox is installed on your computer.
- Vagrant is installed on your computer, and all the necessary infrastructure is created.
- The following executables are added to the system path:
- vagrant.bat from your Vagrant installation. This should be done automatically by the installer.
- VBoxManage.exe from your Oracle's VirtualBox installation.
- The required virtual boxes are created.
- In the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the project settings, click Add SDK .
- In the drop-down list, choose
The dialog box Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter opens:.
- In this dialog box, click the button Fill from vagrant config. In this case, the remote server settings are taken from the vagrant configuration file, defined outside of RubyMine .
- The Ruby interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Ruby executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box. The configured remote interpreter is added to the list.