- On the main toolbar, click the run/debug configuration selector, and choose a temporary or permanent run/debug configuration for console. Refer to the section Running Applications.
- With the desired console run/debug configuration selected, click .
The console starts in debug mode.
- Make sure that the class you want to debug is opened in the active editor, and breakpoints are set:
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu choose .
- Press Alt+Shift+LAlt Shift L.
- In the console, type load command, and press EnterEnter :
load <file name>
- In the Console tab of the debugger, type the name of the method you want to debug:
Breakpoint is hit:
Debug tool window shows the Debugger tab:
- Proceed through the code, using the stepping toolbar buttons. Explore threads, variables, and watches.