This section describes the procedures that are common for the various types of applications.
For the details related to debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines
If the debugger-xml gem is missing in the Gemfile, this can cause problems. Therefore, RubyMine suggests to included debugger-xml to the Gemfile, to avoid conflict between the debugger gem, and the debugging gems used by RubyMine by default.
- Configure debugger options.
- Define a run/debug configuration for the application to be debugged.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch the debugging session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly, examine suspended program, explore frames, set watches , reload classes, and customize views .