This section describes the procedures that are common for the various types of applications.
For the details related to debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines
Debugging in RubyMine does not require any additional gems. However, if there is debugger gem in your Gemfile, RubyMine checks whether debugger-xml gem is also present. If this gem is missing, RubyMine will suggest to included it to the Gemfile, to avoid conflict between the debugger gem, and the debugging gems used by RubyMine by default.
- Configure debugger options.
- Define a run/debug configuration for the application to be debugged.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch the debugging session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly, examine suspended program, explore frames, set watches , reload classes, and customize views .