The Extract Partial refactoring enables you to break rendering of a certain view into smaller chunks, and applies to *.html.erb and *.html.haml files.
This way, you can extract blocks of code from a view into a partial view, and replace them with a call. So doing, RubyMine generates the name for the resulting partial view on the base of the user input in accordance with the Rails naming conventions: if the suggested partial view name is bar, the generated name is _bar.html.erb or _bar.haml.
Partial view _bar.html.erb
- Open a view in the editor.
- Select the desired fragment of valid code. For example, in case of HTML, your selection must contain matching opening and closing tags.
- On the main menu, or on the context menu of the selection, choose .
- In the Extract Partial dialog box, specify the desired partial view name without extension and the leading underscore, and click OK.
- Navigating to Controllers, Views and Actions Using Gutter Icons
- Navigating to Declaration or Type Declaration of a Symbol