- Perform preliminary steps:
- If necessary, create or edit Ruby remote debug configuration. Specify the remote host, and port number; define local and remote root folders.
- Make sure the required breakpoints are set.
- Launch the debug server. To do that, type the following command on the server side:
and then press EnterEnter. Here <port number> is taken from the Port field of the Ruby remote debug configuration dialog box, and $SCRIPT$ is the name of the script in question.
rdebug-ide --port <port number> -- $SCRIPT$
- In RubyMine, select the desired Ruby remote debug configuration, open Ruby script in the editor, and click on the main toolbar.