Requirements for CLion
On this page:
- 2 GB free RAM
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
JRE 1.8 is bundled with distributions for all platforms. You don't need any Java to be installed on your machine in order to run CLion.
General requirements to start development with CLion
In general to develop in C/C++ with CLion you need:
- CMake at least version 2.8.11 (if you do not want to use the bundled version), make
- GCC/G++ or Clang, which in case of Windows means using toolchains: MinGW 3.* or MinGW - w64 3.*-5.* or Cygwin 1.7.32 (minimum required) up to 2.0.*.
- If you are going to use Microsoft Visual C++ compiler instead of GCC/G++ or Clang, then Visual Studio 2013,2015 or 2017 shall be installed. For more details, refer to our tutorial.
- GDB: at least 7.8 (if you do not want to use the bundled version)
- Windows 7.0 x64, 8.* x64
- Cygwin x64 with installed packages: GCC/G++, make, gdb 7.8+
MinGW with installed packages: GCC/G++ and make
Visual Studio 2013, 2015 or 2017 and NMake with C++ support.
- Download CLion from the Download page.
- Run the
CLion-*.exe file that starts the Installation Wizard.
- Follow all steps suggested by the wizard. Pay special attention to the corresponding installation options.
|System Requirements ||Installation|
- macOS 10.9.4+
- GCC/G++ or Clang
- Download the
CLion-*.dmg macOS Disk Image file from the Download page.
- Double-click the downloaded
CLion-*.dmg macOS Disk Image file to mount it.
- Copy CLion to your Applications folder.
- OS Linux 64 bit
- KDE, GNOME or Unity DE desktop
- GCC/G++ or Clang
- Unpack the
CLion-*.tar.gz file to a different folder, if your current "Download" folder doesn't support file execution:
tar xfz CLion-*.tar.gz -C <new_archive_folder>
The recommended install location according to the filesystem hierarchy standard (FHS) is
/opt. For example, it's possible to enter the following command:
sudo tar xf CLion-*.tar.gz -C /opt/
- Switch to the
cd <new archive folder>/CLion-*/bin
Last modified: 26 October 2017