Using Perforce Integration
Install the Perforce Integration plugin
To enable version control in DataGrip, install the Perforce Integration plugin.
- Open Settings | Plugins.
- Click Install JetBrains plugin.
- In the Browse JetBrains Plugins window, type
Perforce Integrationin the search field.
- To install the plugin, click Install and restart DataGrip.
With the Perforce integration enabled, you can perform basic Perforce operations from inside DataGrip.
In this section:
Before you start
- Install a Perforce client as described on the Perforce Official website.
- Create an account with the Perforce depot.
Starting with Perforce in DataGrip
- Create a client spec using your Perforce client.
- Get source files from the Perforce depot using your Perforce client.
- As soon as the local working copy is on your computer, associate your local directory with Perforce.
After that you will be able to open source files for edit, and perform the usual Perforce-related tasks using DataGrip.
- When Perforce integration with DataGrip is enabled, the Editor and the Files tool window. item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the
- The files in the folders under the Perforce control are highlighted according to their status. See File Status Highlights for file status highlighting conventions.
- Modifications results are shown in the Version Control tool window.
- When using Perforce integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window. The Console tab displays the following data:
- All commands generated based on the settings you specify through the DataGrip user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Perforce commands.
- Error messages.