Go to Type of Symbol
Navigate | Type of Symbol
While Go to Declaration command navigates you to the declaration of a symbol itself, the Type of Symbol command navigates to the declaration of a type that a variable, field, parameter, or method belongs to.
To navigate to the declaration of a type that a variable, field or another symbol belongs to
- Set the caret over a symbol in the Code Viewer.
- Choose Navigate | Type of Symbol on the main menu or press Ctrl+Shift+T.
- If the type that the symbol belongs to has has only one declaration, dotPeek will navigate to it directly.
If there are several declarations, they will be listed in the drop-down list.
Do one of the following:
- To view the list of found items in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results or press + on the numeric keypad.
- To navigate directly to a specific item, click on it in the lookup list or select it and press Enter.
Consider the following example:
After pressing Ctrl+Shift+T dotPeek opens
the class that contains the declaration of the
Note how this behavior differs from
that of the Go To Declaration feature.