Navigation by Name
dotPeek can bring you to any code item or file in a few keystrokes. The scope of the navigation includes all assemblies currently loaded in the Assembly Explorer window and all assemblies referenced from those assemblies.
To find an item in your solution by the item's name
- To use the unified access to all search results, press Ctrl+N to display a pop-up where you can start typing and find everything in currently loaded assemblies% that matches your input.
- If you want to limit your search to types (classes, interfaces, structs or enums), press Ctrl+N twice.
- If you want to search symbols (types, methods, properties, fields, and so on) - press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N.
- You can also limit the search to currently loaded assemblies by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N.
- dotPeek also lets you jump to types and type members in the current file by typing their names after pressing Ctrl+F12.
- After invoking any of the above commands, start typing the target item, its CamelHumps abbreviation, and/or wildcards. The list of matched items will narrow down as you type and the most probable candidates are shown closer to the top of the list.
- As soon as the target item appears in the list, you can choose it to open it in the editor, or alternatively, you can click Show in Find Results in the pop-up or press + on the numeric keypad to open all items in the list in the Find Results window and use its features for further navigation.