Profile WCF Service
To profile a WCF service library
- Run dotMemory as a standalone application. The dotMemory window will open.
- In the left panel, select Local.
- In the middle panel in Profile Application, select WCF Service.
- In the right panel, in WCF Service Library:
- In Library path, specify the full path to the profiled service library.
- In Config path, specify the full path to the library configuration file.
- If you want dotMemory to start collecting the stack trace allocation data* right after the profiling session starts, select the Start collecting allocation data immediately option in the right panel.
For more details on profiler options, refer to the Profiler Options section.
- Optionally, if you are going to control profiling session (take snapshots, end session, and so on) using the API (rather than the Controller window), select Control profiling via API. For more details on how to control profiling using the API, refer to the Controlling Profiling Session Through API chapter.
- Click Run.
- Take snapshots. For more details on how to control profiling session, refer to Controlling Profiling Session (if you control the session manually) or to Controlling Profiling Session Through API (if you control profiling using the API).
- After you collect the data, either close the profiled application or detach the profiler using the Detach button of the Controller window. If you use the API to control profiling, detaching must be executed by your code.
- Analyze the collected snapshots.
Last modified: 4 September 2018