- Will GoLand be open-source?
- Will GoLand be a free IDE?
- Is the GoLand functionality available as a plugin for IntelliJ IDEA and other IntelliJ-based IDEs?
- When will GoLand be released?
- Where do I submit issues and feature requests?
- Is there any tutorial on how to get started with GoLand?
- Which IntelliJ plugins are bundled with GoLand?
- What's the difference between GoLand and the old go-lang-idea-plugin?
- What does GoLand mean?
Will GoLand be open-source?
At the moment we don't plan to open-source the new IDE.
Will GoLand be a free IDE?
No, we expect the new IDE to be a paid product under JetBrains Toolbox umbrella – with pricing similar to PhpStorm, PyCharm, RubyMine, DataGrip, and AppCode.
Is the GoLand functionality available as a plugin for IntelliJ IDEA and other IntelliJ-based IDEs?
Yes, the new official Go plugin with the functionality equal to GoLand is available for IntellIJ IDEA Ultimate and other paid IDEs. At the moment, no plugin is planned for Community Edition.
When will GoLand be released?
We don't have a specific date but will release it when we feel ready. Your feedback is a great help, so please share it with us! We intend to publish fresh EAP builds on a monthly basis.
Where do I submit issues and feature requests?
Please use the GoLand issue tracker: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/GO
Is there any tutorial on how to get started with GoLand?
Yes, you're reading it.
Which IntelliJ plugins are bundled with GoLand?
What's the difference between GoLand and the old go-lang-idea-plugin?
The following features are available in GoLand but not in go-lang-idea-plugin:
- Type-aware completion (aka Smart completion)
- Parameter name completion
- Extract function refactoring
- Implement type
- Rename and Find usages for packages/imports/qualifiers
- Renaming the corresponding test file while a file rename
- Inspections and quick-fixes
- Introduce method
- Introduce field
- Delete unused parameter
- Show symbol duplicates
- Add/delete missing/redundant expressions in case of assignment count mismatch
- Properly implemented Duplicated symbols inspection
- Recursive type detection
- Invalid const initialization
- Inspection for private fields with tags
- Create function quick fix is available when functional types are expected
- Validation canonical import paths
- Tests and coverage
- C syntax highlighting in injected fragments
- Highlighting and filtering in find usages/refactorings generated files according to the proposal
- The updated err live template, now it suggests to use error-like variables in scope
- Many bugfixes across the all functionality
What does GoLand mean?
This is a codename and not the final product name. Our inspiration was the name of an island in the Gulf of Finland, not very far from Kotlin. Send us your name ideas and suggestions!