- Will Gogland be open-source?
- Will Gogland be a free IDE?
- Will be the Gogland functionality available as a plugin for IntelliJ IDEA and other IntelliJ-based IDEs?
- When will Gogland be released?
- Where do I submit issues and feature requests?
- Is there any tutorial on how to get started with Gogland?
- Which IntelliJ plugins are bundled with Gogland?
- What's the difference between Gogland and go-lang-idea-plugin?
- What does Gogland mean?
Will Gogland be open-source?
At the moment we don't plan to open-source the new IDE.
Will Gogland be a free IDE?
No, we expect the new IDE to be a paid product under JetBrains Toolbox umbrella – with pricing similar to PhpStorm, PyCharm, RubyMine, DataGrip, and AppCode.
Will be the Gogland functionality available as a plugin for IntelliJ IDEA and other IntelliJ-based IDEs?
Yes, we're going to make it available when the EAP goes public in 2017. The plugin is only planned for IntellIJ IDEA Ultimate and other paid IDEs.
When will Gogland be released?
We don't have a specific date but will release it when/if the product feels ready. Your feedback would be of great help, so please share it with us! We intend to publish fresh EAP builds on a monthly basis.
Where do I submit issues and feature requests?
Please use the Gogland issue tracker: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/GO
Is there any tutorial on how to get started with Gogland?
Yes, you're reading it.
Which IntelliJ plugins are bundled with Gogland?
What's the difference between Gogland and go-lang-IDEA-plugin?
The following features are available in Gogland but not in go-lang-idea-plugin:
- Type-aware completion (aka Smart completion)
- Extract function refactoring
- Implement type
- Inspections and quick-fixes
- Tests and coverage
What does Gogland mean?
This is a codename and not the final product name. Our inspiration was the name of an island in the Gulf of Finland, not very far from Kotlin. Send us your name ideas and suggestions!