In this section:
General EJB features
IntelliJ IDEA features the complete EJB support. It understands EJB specifications from 1.x to 3.0, and leverages them through all of its productivity-boosting features - from coding assistance to refactoring, creating the environment ideally suited for developing EJB applications.
- File and live templates for entity, session, message and other beans.
- Auto-generating code for CMP beans, fields and relationships.
- Dedicated context editors for all supported beans.
- Automatic building of standard EJB deployment packages.
- Automatic generation of appropriate EJB XML descriptors.
- Complete EJB-aware coding assistance:
IntelliJ IDEA unifies all EJB-related application parts in the dedicated facet, which includes EJB descriptors, build, and library settings.
EJB 3.0-specific features
- Annotation mechanism for creating EJB, and Interceptors.
- Automatic code generation, completion and dedicated binding editor.
- Full EJB persistence support, powered with generating of persistence mapping from entity beans, Hibernate or JDBC source.
- Visual Persistence diagram builder.
- Migration of your existing EJB projects (versions 1.x and 2.x) to EJB 3.0 with: