Improving Stepping Speed
To improve stepping speed, follow these recommendations
- Try avoiding method and field breakpoints.
- If the Watch method return values option is enabled in Debug Toolbar | Settings, disable it.
- Turn off Alternate view for Collections classes by clearing the Enable alternative view for Collections classes check box at the Data Views page of the Debugger settings.
- Turn off the 'ToString' mode on the IDE level by clearing the Enable 'toString' object view check box on the Data Views page of the Debugger settings.
- Simplify the conditions for breakpoints and watchpoints, especially the frequently hit ones.
- Use filters (e.g., for class instances).
- During the debugging session, switch to a view with fewer elements.
Last modified: 29 November 2017