This feature is supported in the Ultimate edition only.
In this section:
IntelliJ IDEA supports efficient development, packaging, and deployment of Web services.
The supported standards are:
You can also enable and manually configure support of the following additional WS engines:
IntelliJ IDEA provides the following development and packaging facilities:
- Setting up the relevant module structure and downloading all the necessary resources based on the dedicated Web services facet you specify.
- Generating the necessary deployment descriptors, mapping and manifest files "on-the-fly".
- Packaging the Web service files, with the EAR file structure following the rules defined by the Enterprise Web Services 1.1 specification.
Developing Web services
To develop a Web service, follow these general steps:
- In a Java module, enable support of the relevant Web service.
- Populate the module with the necessary classes and methods.
- Compile the developed classes and expose them as a Web service.
- Configure the artifacts to deploy.
- Create a run configuration. On the Deployment tab, create a list of artifacts to be deployed. Specify the application contexts for each of them.
- Run the application.
- View and manage deployed Web services in the Deployment Console of the Run tool window.