Configuring Remote Ruby Interpreter
In this section:
Before you start working with remote interpreters, make sure that the SSH Remote Run plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA and is activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Configuring remote Ruby interpreter
To configure a remote Ruby interpreter, follow these steps:
- Open the Project Structure dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).
- In the Project Structure dialog, click the node Modules.
- In the Gems tab, click , and from the popup menu, choose New remote...:
- In the Configure Remote Ruby Interpreter dialog box, select the desired option (Deployment configuration, SSH Credentials etc.).
- rbenv: when configuring a remote interpreter, you have to specify ruby executable
located under the directory
versions, rather than
- RVM Support: When adding an rvm-based remote interpreter, it is important to
specify the gemset folder instead of the Ruby binary itself:
For example, on MacOS/Linux:
Note that the name of an rvm-based SDK is automatically prepended with the prefix RVM.
- An additional icon appears on the toolbar: .
Clicking this icon results in opening the Edit Project Path Mappings dialog box, where you can add or delete the desired path mappings.
Find the detailed tutorial on configuring a remote SDK here.