IntelliJ IDEA comes bundled with the GWT Support plugin that provides native support for developing Web applications based on the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
IntelliJ IDEA GWT support, that extends to the version 2.7, includes the following features:
- GWT-aware coding assistance, such as refactoring, code completion, code inspections with quick-fixes in the following areas:
- Navigation to implementation, Ctrl+Alt+B.
- Intention Actions that let create various application elements.
- Code blocks, live templates, and file templates.
- Integration with GWT compiler.
- GWT-ready internationalization (i18n).
- Automatic creation of GWT components: modules, entry points, remote services and serializable classes.
- Support of GWT specific run configurations for running and debugging GWT applications directly from IntelliJ IDEA.
- Basic Vaadin support, implemented by the Vaadin Support plugin that comes bundled with IntelliJ IDEA.