In this section:
Ruby Plugin extends IntelliJ IDEA with the full-scale functionality for Ruby development.
Before you start working with Ruby, make sure that Ruby plugin is installed and enabled. The plugin is not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA.
Also make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Ruby SDK is downloaded and installed on your machine.
- The required framework SDKs are downloaded and installed on your machine.
Refer to their respective download and installation pages for details:
Changes to the UI
Being installed, the Ruby Plugin introduces the following changes to the IntelliJ IDEA UI:
- Ruby module type is added to the New Project and New Module wizards.
- Ruby SDK can be specified in the Add new SDK popup under the SDKs node of the Project Structure dialog.
- Ruby-related commands are added to the menu:
- Ruby and framework-specific run/debug configurations, inspections, intention actions, and refactorings.
Besides that, the following changes are made to the Settings/Preferences dialog: