Resolving Property Conflicts
A property conflict is reported during synchronization with the server when MPS detects differences between the properties of a local file or folder and their server version. MPS does not attempt to resolve property conflicts automatically, and displays the conflicting files and folders under the Merged with property conflicts node in the Update Info tab of the Version Control tool window. You have to resolve property conflicts manually and then tell MPS to treat the corresponding files and folders as conflict-free.
On this page:
To resolve a property conflict
- Open the Version Control tool window and switch to the Repository tab.
- In the Changed Files pane, select the conflicting file.
- Choose Properties Diff from the context menu of the selection, or click on the toolbar.
- Explore the differences in the Subversion properties difference viewer:
- Update the properties so the conflict is resolved.
To mark a file as resolved
- In the Update Info tab of the Version Control tool window, select the fixed file under the Merged with property conflicts node. As you can see, the file is still displayed in red as conflicting.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose Subversion, and then choose Mark Resolved.
- When the dialog box is closed, the Local Changes tab of the Version Control tool window shows the affected files as updated and available for checking in to the server.
- Check in the resolved files.