Menus and toolbars
MPS menus and toolbars contain commands that affect the entire project or large sections of the project. To apply a command to the current context, use context-sensitive pop-up menus. Most of the commands has an associated keyboard shortcut to enable quicker access to it.
Use menu items with a checkbox in the View | Toolbar.menu to show or hide the main elements of the MPS window. For example, if you want to show the main toolbar, select
Main elements of MPS window
- 1. Main menu
- By using the main menu, you can open and create projects, refactor the code, run and debug applications, keep files under version control, or run other commands.
- 2. Main toolbar
- The main toolbar contains buttons that duplicate the essential commands for quicker access.
By default, the main toolbar is hidden. To display it, selecton the main menu.
- 3. Navigation bar
- The Navigation bar is an alternative to the Project tool window.
- 4. Context menus
- Context menus, available with right-click, contain commands applicable to the current context.
- 5. Pop-up menus
- Pop-up menus, available with Alt+Insert, contain commands applicable to the current context.
Tips and tricks
Show or hide the main elements of the MPS UI by using themenu.
Descriptions of the actions from menus and toolbar buttons are displayed in the left side of the Status bar.
If you know which action you want to perform, but do not know where to find it, press Ctrl+Shift+A, type the action name, and select it from the suggestion list.