Navigating Between Open Files and Tool Windows
AppCode suggests a handy way to switch between files opened in the editor, split editor tabs, and tool windows (docked or floating). This is similar to application switchers in different operating systems. The switcher consists of two columns: the left one displays a list of tool windows, and the right one displays a list of files. If more than one file is currently opened in the editor, they are listed. If no files are currently opened, or there is just one tab, the switcher shows recently opened files (the currently opened file is marked with an asterisk).
When all the files are deleted, the only column left shows the list of the tool windows:
To switch between files or tool windows:
- Press ⌃⇥.
- Keeping ⌃ pressed, use the following keys:
- ← and → to switch between the lists of tool windows and files.
- ↑ and ↓ arrow keys, ⇥ or ⇧⇥ to go up and down the list in both panes.
- ⌦ or ⌫ to close the editor tab where the selected file is opened and remove the selected file from the list.
- Release the /⌃ key. The corresponding file or tool window gets the focus, and the switcher pop-up disappears.