Configuring Python Interpreter for a Project
In this section:
PyCharm Edu helps assign a Python interpreter for a project.
Note that PyCharm Edu stores only the interpreter name in the project settings.
Selecting Python interpreter for a project
To configure Python SDK for the current project, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings/Preferences dialog box, and click Project Interpreter page.
- Choose SDK from the list of available Python interpreters and virtual environments.
This list includes:
- If the desired interpreter is not in the list, click , and configure the desired interpreter as described in the section Configuring Available Python Interpreters.
- Apply changes.
Working on the same project on different platforms
You can work on the same PyCharm Edu project on different platforms (for example, on Windows at work, and on MacOS at home). This can be easily done, if you rename the project interpreter.
To rename an interpreter, follow these steps
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog, click the page Project Interpreter .
- Click the drop-down list Project Interpreter, and choose Show All.
- Choose the desired interpreter and click . The dialog box Edit Python Interpreter appears.
- In this dialog, change the interpreter name as required.
Note that only this name is stored with the project settings, making it possible to use different interpreters on each platform, without changing the project settings every time you switch to another platform.