Working with Diagrams
This feature is supported in Professional edition only.
In this part:
- Working with Diagrams
- Configuring Default Settings for Diagrams
- Viewing Diagram
- Adding Node Elements to Diagram
- Deleting Node Elements from Diagram
- Viewing Changes as Diagram
- Viewing Class Hierarchy as a Class Diagram
- Viewing Members in Diagram
- Navigating to Source from Diagram
- Navigating Through a Diagram Using Structure View
Before you start working with UML diagrams, make sure that the UML Support plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with PyCharm and is activated by default. If the plugin is not activated, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings / Preferences Dialog as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
UML model in PyCharm is represented by a Class diagram in standard notation.
PyCharm enables using UML class diagrams to analyze Python classes, and the structure of the databases and tables. Besides that, you can explore changes committed to VCS.
In PyCharm, Class diagram features:
- Ability to view UML model as a diagram in a separate editor tab, in a pop-up window, or as a preview.
- Ability to invoke UML class diagram from the
tool windows, the History tab of the Version Control tool window, and Navigation bar.
In the editor, one can view class diagram for the whole class.
- Navigation from a diagram element to the underlying source code.
- Navigation to class, file or symbol by name and to the last edit location.
- Viewing information at the tooltip, and quick documentation lookup.
- Viewing changed classes as a UML Class diagram.
- Quick hierarchy view in a UML Class diagram pop-up window.
- Ability to find usages of a node element or member.