Configuring Remote Interpreters via Deployment Configuration
This feature is only supported in the Professional edition.
Make sure you have at least one PyCharm-wide server access configuration of the SFTP type to establish access to the target host. To make a configuration available in all PyCharm projects, clear the Visible only for this project checkbox in the Connection Tab. See Creating a Remote Server Configuration for details.
Defining remote Python interpreter via deployment configuration
To define a remote Python interpreter via deployment configuration
- In the Project Interpreter page of the project settings, click .
- In the drop-down list, choose
- In the dialog box Configure Remote Python Interpreter, click the radio-button Deployment configuration:
- In the Configure Remote Python Interpreter dialog box, select the desired SFTP server from the Deployment configuration drop-down list. Note that the deployment host URL is displayed for the selected SFTP server automatically.
The Python interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Python executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Python Interpreter dialog box. The configured remote interpreter is added to the list.
- Back in the Project Interpreter page, if necessary, configure the path mappings:
- Click :
- In the dialog box that opens add () or delete () path mappings as desired.