PyCharm Educational Tools
With PyCharm you can study programming languages and related technologies using the educational capabilities available in PyCharm Educational (Edu) edition. You can enable these capabilities for PyCharm Community and PyCharm Professional via the EduTools plugin.
Install EduTools plugin
In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), select and search for EduTools plugin (if needed, click Search in repositories).
- Click Install to launch the installation process. When done, you'll be asked to restart PyCharm.
When installed EduTools for the first time, you need to select your role: a Learner or an Educator.
- Join a public interactive programming course
- Start learning by filling in placeholders in the exercise code according to the task description.
- Verify tasks, get instant feedback and quick results using an intelligent development tool.
- Create your own interactive course with custom tasks, checks, tests, hints, and lots more.
- Share your course publicly or privately with your students or co-workers
- Let learners independently complete their assignments with the assistance of your integrated tests.
Whatever role you choose, you will need to log in to Stepik, a site for courses in the various fields of science.
Login in to Stepik
You can use one of the following ways:
In PyCharm the / icon in the Status Bar indicates whether the user is logged in to Stepik, or not. Click the button to log in to Stepik.
In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), navigate to , and click Log in to Stepik.
- Open the Browse Courses dialog ( ) and click Log in to Stepik to see more courses.
When you log in to Stepik from PyCharm, you get the request to grant PyCharm some permissions:
After that, return to PyCharm. The icon in the Status Bar should be changed to and the list of your courses () are fully synchronized with the set of your Stepik courses.
Now you can proceed working with the educational tools depending on the selected role. Note that you can change your role by selecting or deselecting the Enable Course Creator Features item of the menu.
Refer to the following documents for more information about the EduTools: