Unit Testing Assistance
ReSharper helps discover and run or debug unit tests right in Visual Studio. The following unit testing frameworks are supported:
- NUnit 2.5.8 - 3.0. ReSharper installation includes 2 versions of NUnit test runners (2.6.4 and 3.0). You can choose one of them or specify a local installation of NUnit on the page of ReSharper options.
- MSTest for all supported Visual Studio versions
- Machine.Specifications (requires an extension) To learn more about using extensions, see Managing Extensions.
- Google C++ Testing Framework (for more information, see Unit Testing Assistance in C++)
- Boost.Test framework (v. 1.59 and 1.60) (for more information, see Unit Testing Assistance in C++)
With ReSharper, you can execute a single unit test, all tests in a test class, file, project or solution. You can also execute any number of tests combined in a test session.
Unit testing assistance can be extended with other JetBrains .NET products: you can profile unit tests with dotTrace and analyzes code coverage of unit tests with dotCover. These products are also included in the ReSharper Ultimate.
In this section:
This feature is supported in the following languages and technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.