Push Members Down refactoring
This refactoring helps move members and interface implementations from a base type to one or more direct inheritors of this type. For example, if you have
class MyBaseClass : IMyInterface and
class MyDerivedClass : MyBaseClass, this refactoring can help you move members of
MyDerivedClass and/or move the entire implementation of
To push members down
- Select a type in one of the following ways:
- In the editor, set the caret at the name of a type.
- Select a type in the Structure window.
- Do one of the following: Push Members Down dialog will open.
- Select one or more destination types from the list of inheritors.
- Select members and/or interfaces that you want to move. You can also click All Public to quickly select all public members and/or Dependent to select members that are referenced by other selected members or implement the selected interfaces.
- For any member, you can select Make abstract (if applicable) to make the member abstract in the current class and create its implementation(s) in the target inheritor class(es).
- To apply the refactoring, click Next.
- If no conflicts are found, JetBrains Rider performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.